Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We Love Terrorists, but we Hate Babies

Are we living in a nation that is suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder? Sometimes I feel that we are! We have laws and bills that totally contradict each other!

(Side note: I am not in any way making fun of or lessoning this disorder. I know that there are people who suffer from this disorder, and it is very serious. In fact, that is my point. We have a serious disorder in this Nation when it comes to our views on ethics!)

This past January, our new President, in full view of rolling cameras and clamoring press signed an executive order that would close the Guantanamo Bay prison camp, and would also ban torture in the process of questioning terror suspects. This means that our military who risk their lives to protect us has to play nice with terrorists who want to destroy this nation by wiping you and your family off the face of this planet, because you are an infidel. So, I guess the new tactic to retrieve valuable intel from imprisoned terrorists on future attacks toward our country must done over a friendly game of Candyland! (By the way, that is my 2 1/2 year old's favorite game.)

Then, the very next day, without the coverage of the media (not a coincidence by the way), our new President signed an order that lifted the ban (placed by the Bush administration) that would allow for U.S. taxpayer money, usually in the form of Agency for International Development funds, to go towards international family planning groups that either offer abortions or provide information, counseling or referrals about abortion. The rule also provides federal funding for groups that lobby to legalize abortion or promote it as a family planning method.

WHAT?!?!?! Let me say it again! WHAT?!?!?!

We provide protection to terrorists, but we will give you money to do away with your baby?!?! I don't know about you, but I haven't seen any unborn (innocent) babies flying planes into buildings lately! What are we doing?!?!

We are making this statement as a so called "Christian Nation" (I use the term very loosely): The real threats to this Nation are unborn babies, not terrorists!

Besides that... I think I have read somewhere that we are in an economic crisis? (Sense the sarcasism) We are suffering economically, yet we have the money to send to other countries to help them with abortions. Wow!

Lastly, for all of us law-abiding taxpayers. Our money, whether we agree with abortion or not, is going to help do away with human life. Jeremiah 1:4 is clear on when life begins: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you..." So, if I am paying taxes, and my tax money goes toward abortion... Does this make me an accessory to murder?

God Bless the USA! Right?? Oh Lord, save us from ourselves...

But, what do I know? I am just a crazy ranting pastor!
Shane

5 comments:

gabrielle4rc said...

I will have to say that I agree with the blog. I guess you could say we do live in a nation that is suffering from "Multiple Personality Disorder." I believe that alot of what "we" Americans believe, believe what the media tells us to believe. From releasing the terroists, to legalizing abortion is something that I am totally against.
I was speaking to a co-worker, who attends a church, and from what I know is a true believer, and he ask me about what I thought about the new president. One thing that I mentioned, that I disagreed with, was on the issue of legalizing abortion. Assuming that he would agree with me, he was actually upset with my statement. He was so focused on the economy and in the situation that its in, his exact words were, " you cannot vote for a president based on just a "small" issue like abortion. I'm sure that he is one of many Christians that feel or felt the same way.
So just like the statement "We Love Terrorists, but we Hate Babies" you can also say "We love money but we hate babies." The thing is the media has placed these issues above abortion. They tell you what are "more important" issues and what you should be voting for.
Now, as far as the tax dollars go for leagalizing abortion, you can somewhat apply what Matthew 22:15-22 says about paying taxes. "...Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's..." Caesar was a ruler who was far more liberal and more wicked than our current president. As of now we can stand for what believe in and not be persecuted for it and in the days of Caesar you were killed if you did such a thing. So as much as I hate what my tax money is going to, it's not really my money but thiers. Of course, I would be willing to fight for it, but I'm going to pay my taxes... it probably would not be a good witness to have the IRS after me lol.
As I mentioned, in the days of Caesar, he was far more wicked and liberal than the leardership that we have today. And, of course we know, he was a dictator. However there was such a move of God during those times. With just tweleve disciples about 2000 years later almost the entire world has heard the name of Jesus! And not only that, but thousands were saved from thier ministries during those hard times!
As the times gets darker the Light gets brighter. For years we had a president who was pro-life and claimed to be a Christan, yet the numbers of abortion, divorce...etc. went up. I believe that revival or change for the love of God is not going to happen depending who are our political leaders, but its going to happen when the church starts acting like the church (I am not speaking about a particular church, but church as a whole). It's going to happen when the church truly makes Jesus thier Lord and Savior and follows after Him. When the church will finally rise up to be the salt and the light of the world as He has called us to be. If the world under a wicked dictator can be turned upside down with just twelve radical people that were crazy in love with God, I believe that that same can happen today if we can grab a hold of that kind of passion for God.

UngerTime said...

@gabrielle

I've noticed a few things in your post. Firstly, you're likening the Roman empire to the United States. I've heard this allusion before and it still makes me laugh. Since when has the United States acted like an empire? As history tells, Rome fell. Corruption at all levels.

Secondly, We have the same situation here in the United States. Don't kid yourself, the media is a controlled organism; the abortion coverage came from organizations outside the ABC/NBC/CNN networks in the US. Reuters, and BBC covered the ridiculousness. It's not that the "Media" put a higher value on the issues, it's all by design.

And yes, as a Christian, how can you conscienciously, morally, or otherwise put your vote into a person who believes in the slaying of human life?? Get real! Get Jesus!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I come into agreement with this posting on abortion/terriorists. For the First time "Ranting" pastor and I agree. Its all in the Bible, "hence" New World Order. One World Government, One World Religion, One World economic system. (hence the number 666 of the beast in revelation stamped on your hand or forehead) Not only is America turned into Babylon but the Whole World will BECOME BABYLON. Every one of us needs to REPENT for the Sins of this Nation and if your a Minister, I highly recommend repenting for the sins of this world. I have Done BOTH. If we FAST and Pray, humble ourselves may the L-rd heal our land and we can push back the kingdom of darkndess. Its all about winning souls for the Kingdom. Let us be about our Father's business!!! Kingdom Relationships!!!!!!!!!!

Anson said...

I admit that I am not happy about Obama's pro abortion stance. The bible is very clear about when life begins. One world government and religion are also mentioned as being a product of the tribulation. But torturing people is a sure fire sign of an open society, a free society, becoming a closed society or fascist society. These men are more about asserting their ideas then they're are with peace. "God bless the peacemakers, for they will be called the children of God." Realize that we also ship Americans that are "said" to be terrorists to some of these torture sites. Nearly all of them are simply speaking out against blatantly illegal activity that our government participates in, mostly perpetrated by our ex-president and his staff. Realize that by making it OK to strip away the civil liberties of any human being, we are only opening the door for extremist leaders to start attacking anyone who disagrees with their point of view. Making dissension effectively treason. Making disagreements acts of terrorism, that are swiftly punished outside of due process, brutally! to induce more fear, coerce conformity . Don't think this happens? It was, in fact, somewhat common during the Bush administration, and all those laws are still in place for the next fear monger. The rant "we love terrorists, but we Hate babies" though thought provoking is ignorant and effectively promoting hatred rather than embracing peace.

All that being said, standing for what you believe in adds character, gives life, and ideas meaning. I am not opposed to debate. There is still alot to learn, but I feel very strongly in this direction.. Please email me.
-Anson
hoosiergecko@hotmail.com